Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's only been 730 days....

Here I am, exactly 2 years ago today. I was lying in a hospital bed scared out of my mind as I didn't know what it the world was ahead of me. I wasn't scared of becoming a mother, but I was petrified of the huge needle they were going to give me for an epidural to have this baby. I guess by this point I had already received my epidural due to the fact that there is a SLIGHT grin on my face.
It was worth every second of any bit of pain I had to endure to be able hold this bundle of joy for the first time. I'll never forget the moment they laid him in my arms. 
 It just breaks my heart that he is gotten so big. Just to think its only been 730 days since he was born. I am so thankful God blessed us with this beautiful, calm-natured, full of life, blue-eyed, breath of fresh air, that has changed our entire outlook on life.
And here we are 2 years later blowing out his candle on his birthday cake. I would have never in my life dreamed of the joy a child can bring to one's life but I'm so glad I got to experience it. I am so blessed that God gave us Brooks which allowed me to experience what being a MOTHER is all about.

Happy Birthday my sweet BABY BROOKS!
Mommy loves you to the moon and back.....

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday to Brooks! His cake is so cute..almost as cute as he is.

Julie said...

Happy Birthday, Brooks!

Shanna said...

Happy Birthday Brooks!!!

Erica Simpson said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Brooks!

Anonymous said...

**sniff, sniff*** I can't stand it! I love him..and you guys! :-) Being a mom is the best! I love little man!

Brittany said...

Ah, you made me tear up!!!! What a sweet post! :) Happy Birthday Brooks!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, Brooks!!

Carol said...

Love it! And, we love Brooks too! (and you and Brian):-)

Melissa said...

You might be pleased to know that you made tears come to my eyes and ever-so-slightly pulled at my (childless) heart strings. Love you and Brooks and can't wait to watch him celebrate many more birthdays! Happy 2nd, Brooks!!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday, Brooks!! I'm so glad we have boys the same age :)

DeAnna said...

Happy Birthday to Brooks! Love his shirt!

Christie Cottongim said...

Brooks is so precious! He was such a good little birthday boy. Thanks for letting me be a part of it all!