As of today, we have been paci free for 3 weeks now. I can't believe my baby no longer has a paci that he has been using since he was 2 days old. (Sorry the picture is blurry)
We decided to follow the signs by the Almanac and it was two days in a row (Aug. 20 & 21st, 2010) so we thought it would be a good time to break his pacifier habit. Since he was about 18 months old, we had just been letting him have his pacifier during nap time and to sleep at night so we knew it wasn't going to be super-duper hard. I guess I was expecting to lose hours and hours of sleep but all he did was cry for about 5 minutes and then he went off to sleep. He never woke up and asked for it or anything. I thought maybe the first few nights were just a fluke but he did great. NO SLEEP LOST!! He occasionally will ask for it but we just remind him he doesn't have a pass anymore because they are just for babies. After I tell him that, he responds, "BABIES". I honestly think the whole process was much harder on ME letting this "baby" step get beyond us than it was for him. It's so hard to believe that he is growing up so quickly. He's going to be "2" on Sunday. Now if potty training will be as easy as taking his "PACI" away, we've got it made. HA!
Happy Friday!
6 comments:
Way to go!! I agree, it is harder on us as Moms then them, but I guess that is just a good practice for the bigger things in life!!
Yeah for Brooks!! It was much simpler than we imagined also! :) And I was sooo ready to be DONE with them!! ha!
Potty training was an entirely different story for us. #1 came easy, it was #2 that was so difficult! Yuck!
My advice (which everyone can tell you so many different things, just go with what works!) is don't use Pull-ups. Just go straight for the big boy underwear. Until we did, he was using the Pull-ups as diapers. Only until we switched completely did it finally click.
Good job Brooks!!! It was so hard on me to take Ethan's pacifier, but like you said with Brooks, he did really well with me taking it. I have a feeling since Sophie is my last baby it will be super hard for me to take her paci!!
Oh, and I also totally agree with Brittany on the potting training thing. It may seem really hard at first, but don't quit and go straight for the big boy underwear (or the thick training pants/underwear). Good Luck!!!
Good for Brooks!!! It is sad to see the "baby" things go away.
Good job Brooks! AND Momma!
Awesome!!!! I think sometimes taking the paci is harder on mommy than the child.
Post a Comment