Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cincinnati Zoo

I've been in a slight blogging funk. I do really good for a few weeks then I get busy and blogging seems to fall way down on the "TO DO" list. The other part of our mini vacation we took the end of June was to the Cincinnati Zoo. Here is Daddy with our little explorer!
Cincinnati June 2010 050

We were a little skeptical about taking little man to see all the animals at the zoo because we knew he might not have much interest in them. However to our surprise, he loved them. We couldn't have picked better weather as it was like mid 80's the day we went.Cincinnati June 2010 069

This was some kind of donkey but I thought it was too cute that he was so interested in watching him. Almost all the animals were in plain view and Brooks loved watching all of them. However his favorite was probably the polar bears and the elephants.
Cincinnati June 2010 062 Cincinnati June 2010 056

One of the highlights of our adventure was that we were able to see them give the elephants a bath, as well as Brooks (really Bryan) got to feed one of the giraffe's.  We had a blast and we hope to make a zoo trip at least every summer for years to come.

9 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow - that is great that he was so interested at his age! We love the Cincinatti Zoo! Sounds like the weather was perfect too!

Erica Simpson said...

I love the zoo-looks like you had a great time!

Heather said...

That is too cute with his little head stuck through the fence!!

Melissa said...

The polar bears and elephants have always been my favorites, along with the Giraffe. Looks like a great time:)

DeAnna said...

Love the picture where he is looking through the fence. So cute! Sounds like you had wonderful weather for it. We were going to take the boys to the zoo this week, but it was soooo hot we decided against it.

Staffanne said...

Looks like a great time! We love the Cincinnati Zoo too...hoping to go back in the Fall. As always, Brooks is a doll baby!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of him with his litle arms wrapped around the post! He is a doll baby! I wish we knew you could feed the giraffes...Jax would have LOVED that! :-)

Wanda May said...

The Polar Bears are my favorite too....

Brooke said...

I'm figuring out this blog thing I think!! I just found you! Thanks for the comment. Your Brooks is a DOLL! They sure get big quick - can't wait to take Lincoln to the zoo!