Thursday, June 24, 2010

Suprise.....THE BIG 30!

I was so not looking foward to this birthday this year as I was turning 30. I tried to keep looking at it like I should be thankful for all the birthdays God has given me but I couldn't quit thinking that I was no longer going to be in my 20's. So my birthday came and I had a wonderful day on Sunday and after church that night Katie corralled a bunch of people to go to Jerry's to eat and celebrate my big day. So I thought I had a great birthday and never dreamed of what was to come. However the next day I had a wonderful playdate with 2 great friends and then had a DREADFUL dentist appointment. That Monday night we had planned to have a family birthday dinner for my sister and my birthdays because our birthdays are 3 days apart. Little did I know that it wasn't a birthday dinner for the two of us, but that it was a SUPRISE party with some of my closest friends and family just for ME.
254 255
(Notice in the right picture that I had brought Katie's birthday gift with me since I thought the dinner was for both of us) Sneaky Little Devils they were......
I had no idea that my lovely husband, sister and mom had organized this fun night! It's things like this that make you step back and think, I really am blessed to have such great friends and family to want to do something so special for me. I am forever grateful for all the great friends and family I have in my life.
The kids had a blast playing and squashing peanuts and the adults seemed to enjoy their time mingling and visiting with each other.
248276
This was such a special birthday but only because I was able to share it with the best of Friends and Family.
273

I truly am one lucky GIRL!!!
Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

Erica Simpson said...

Happy 30th Emily!

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad I don't have to worry about 30 for 3 more years! Not rubbing it in or anything! JUST SAYIN!!!

Melissa said...

Love that someone caught your surprise face on camera!! So glad that I was there to celebrate with you:)

Lesley said...

What a nice surprise! I have been surprised once and I was so completely shocked! I've since thought that it was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me!

Carol said...

It was a fun night! So glad I've got to spend the last 30 years with you! Love you!