Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Back to Blogging...

It's been a wild last few weeks and unfortunately my blog has been on the bottom of the to do list. We've been celebrating birthdays, getting the outside of the house where it looks like we live here (ha) and enjoying spending time with friends and family. Who knew so many weeds can grow outside in a matter of a few months. Geez. We finally have the backyard where we can actually enjoy it despite the heat.

Thanks to a new friend that I've recently met, I think my views of blogging have completely changed. Not only can I compile posts easier but I feel safer about the entire world being able to know whats going on in our lives. Thanks Brittany and Carol , I am a new found BLOGGER!!! Seriously, now I feel like I can SCRAPBOOK what is going on in our lives in real time so we don't forget these precious moments that are taking place.

I'm going to "Back Blog" a little since I'm so behind.

Brooks is 21 months old. I can't believe where the time has gone. He's such a good baby. I know I shouldn't call him a baby and I know I'm a little partial but he really is a good kid. He's got such a sweet personality and he's so laid back. Lets just hope that the terrible two's don't come in and take over. I know I'm sure loving this sweet stage.
June 2010 005 100_2641
I had a playdate with Brittany and Carol a few weeks back and the boys had a great time. Brooks is still a little shy being around the older kids, but hoping this is only a stage and that he will outgrow it. He's loving his new swingset we got him. I will have to post pictures of it at a later date. He loves swinging as you can tell in the above picture.

I decided to organize a playdate for all of our blogger friends and we had a blast. Despite the CRAZY heat, we tried to stay cool with popsicles and drinks. We didn't get a picture until later in the playdate so several kiddos had left but we had a blast and will definately have to do it again. Glad of everyone that came, I know it seemed a little crazy but we did manage to talk once we got the kiddos cooled down.
June 2010 015

I think I will wrap this post up. I will try and post more often now that I seem to know what I'm doing a little better. Hope you are enjoying your Wednesday!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

So glad you organized the picnic...we had so much fun. It was fun letting the kids play and get to chat with everyone.

Lesley said...

Great pictures! I hate so badly that we missed the picnic. It was really nice of you to put it together and I hope there will be another one sometime!

Brittany said...

Love your new look and don't you just love FLICKR?!

So fun at the picnic!! Can't wait to see everyone again soon! :)

Melissa said...

Love the new look of your blog!!

Carol said...

Glad I could help! The picnic was GREAT! And,your blog looks awesome too!