Here is my sweet little prince sitting at the kids table for about 2 seconds. It was funny that he kept grabbing the pink princess books to read instead of the boy books. Oh well, he can be well rounded, right????
This is pretty much what he did while the others were listening to the story. He was picking out other books to look at. Guess he might be a little young for storytime but we'll keep working at it.
The lady read a story about the Easter Egg. Brooks immediately stood up on the stage where the reader was, and began talking to the other two girls that were there. (In his own little language) I'm guessing he wanted to be the center of attention. The funniest thing was one of the other girls kept doing what Brooks was doing so he wasn't the best of influences. Hee!
I have been wanting to see if Brooks would sit still long enough to begin putting him Sunday School at church but my gut feeling pretty much was what happened. He wouldn't sit for a split second. Grrr.
Oh well, we had fun anyways. Maybe we will try again soon. I can't fuss at him too much because I never cared much about extra curricular reading either. HA!
Happy Friday!
11 comments:
Oh! I am so upset that we didn't make it today...I am GOING to come next week -- looks like so much fun! :)
I think it is so funny that you are as worried about germs as much as I am! :)
BROOKS IS A DOLL!! HE IS SOOOOO CUTE! I could just eat him up! ;)
Cute pictures....I use to take Mollie there when she was little. Her favorite part was the Thomas train set--hers and all the other kids (which wasn't always good!)
Em, I am trying to comment! Hope it works!
My comment is that you and Brooks are both adorable. :)
Even if he didn't care so much for the story that's great Mommy/Son time! Like the pics!
Meant to text you today. Hate it that I couldn't make it. One of the service lights came on in my van...had to have it checked out, but they couldn't find anything wrong. So ended up going without a vehicle today for nothing. Let me know if you decided to go back.
Love the pictures. Brooks is just too cute!!
So proud of you....taking him there...looks like you all had fun..
I just love watching Brooks with his book in Sunday School...how he points and turns the pages...so glad to see you are taking advantage of Barnes and Noble (my absolute favorite place)...keep it up and he'll eventually sit still...such a cutie!!!
What a doll! I can't believe he is getting so big!
Despite his lack of focus, I think it counts towards helping him develop a love for books! How's that for an excuse?
What fun! I miss those days with the boys - but look forward to doing it once again before too long!
Emily, you are so welcome! I just love that little man & his new hair cut! He had to be the sweetest thing trying to decide if he wanted to sit on the bench or be on the stage or run from shelf to shelf finding new books! Everything was either a "duck" or "shoe"!
Maybe this summer the boys can go to story time together! Now...booking a personal photographer...may be tough with two! ha ha
Brooks is adorable....I wish I had a recorder of him saying "shoe" I could squeeze his cheeks off!
Post a Comment