Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Gorgeous Day!

Today we decided to run to town and grab a bite to eat and then go to the park. Since it's so pretty these next few days I hated not to take advantage of this gorgeous weather. Last year Brooks was so small and I (like mentioned in my previous post) was such a germ-a-phobe that I couldn't enjoy taking him to the park for fear of extracting some kind of virus. I don't know what has helped me overcome this fear recently but I'm truly enjoying the extra time with my little man.

Fortunately we live in a small town that has a small park and it's so private, especially during the day. It has new playground equipment and picnic tables and we just played our little hearts out. Yes I said we, I have always loved to swing and that was so much fun doing with little Brooks.

His favorite was the covered slide. He would slide down and just giggle. He'd try to crawl back up it so he could do it again.

You have to know we couldn't have completed our fun trip without climbing up on a table. HA! He has no fear, he will just climb and climb some more. As he was strolling around the park he fell down a few times and he'd run over to me and show me his dirty hands for me to wipe them off. I guess he has a little of me in him as I can't stand to be dirty. But yet he had enough boy in him that he got back up to do it again.


It's days like this that I know I will look back and cherish being able to sit on a park bench looking and enjoying the beautiful things that God has created around us. I'm so thankful he gave me such a good little boy, I can't imagine my life without him.


Happy Wednesday!
Emily

5 comments:

Heather said...

I am so glad I got to see you and Brooks today. So I see you made it to the park:o) It was a gorgeous day to spend with your sweet little boy. He is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

fun times with such a sweet little boy!!! He is a little monkey!!! Love him lots!

Lesley said...

What a wonderful outing! I have always loved that park too!

Staffanne said...

You are right...today was a goregous day! So glad you got to spend some of it at the park...I love to visit the park too! Brooks is a doll baby!

Stephanie said...

What a fun day with perfect weather.