So last Friday by the spur of a moment decision, we decided to go eat catfish at Harpers in Scottsville. I tried to pinch off some fish for Brooks and put on his tray but all he would reach for were the yet again, so nutritious FRENCH FRIES. So towards the end of the meal, Brooks reached on the table and grabbed one the extra forks laying there and starting trying to stab his french fries. So creatively we decided to stab some fish on his fork and woalah! HE PUT IT IN HIS MOUTH!!! And, kept doing it. We were so excited, we praised him and he continued to do so with several bites.
Friday, January 22, 2010
He's a Man Eater, I mean Meat Eater.....
For all my other mommy blog friends, just thought I would share a little hope for your little ones who have beeen as picky as mine has been the last 6 months. In the beginning when we started baby food with Mr. Brooks he would eat everything, with the exception of PEAS! So once we transitioned to REAL food little man decided he would decide what he would eat. At first it went pretty well but he would still only eat spaghetti, rice & beans (Puerto's is our favorite), mashed potatoes, and banannas. And of course the oh so nutritious junk food. Ritz Bitz cheese crackers and all kinds of cereal and pretzel sticks.
So last Friday by the spur of a moment decision, we decided to go eat catfish at Harpers in Scottsville. I tried to pinch off some fish for Brooks and put on his tray but all he would reach for were the yet again, so nutritious FRENCH FRIES. So towards the end of the meal, Brooks reached on the table and grabbed one the extra forks laying there and starting trying to stab his french fries. So creatively we decided to stab some fish on his fork and woalah! HE PUT IT IN HIS MOUTH!!! And, kept doing it. We were so excited, we praised him and he continued to do so with several bites.
So the next night I decided to fix dinner since Bryan has unfortunately started back into tax season and he wanted a non-fast-food meal. So we fixed a beef tenderloin, greenbeans, broccoli and mashed potatoes. Brooks has always liked mashed potatoes so we knew he'd atleast eat those. Well, we decided to get out the handy-dandy fork and try it out again and guess what, he did it again. Yes my friends, my son now eats MEAT and Broccoli. We couldn't believe it.
So last Friday by the spur of a moment decision, we decided to go eat catfish at Harpers in Scottsville. I tried to pinch off some fish for Brooks and put on his tray but all he would reach for were the yet again, so nutritious FRENCH FRIES. So towards the end of the meal, Brooks reached on the table and grabbed one the extra forks laying there and starting trying to stab his french fries. So creatively we decided to stab some fish on his fork and woalah! HE PUT IT IN HIS MOUTH!!! And, kept doing it. We were so excited, we praised him and he continued to do so with several bites.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Now if you could just come up with some magic trick for my 5 year old! He is sooo picky. The ONLY meat he will eat is hot dogs, ham sandwiches, and beef jerky (I know, beef jerky???). I have tried all kinds of different ways to get him to eat and it just isn't working. He will even try things (when we make him) and says he likes them but won't put another bite in his mouth. It does get very stressful sometimes because I worry that he doesn't get all the nutrients he needs. I am very proud of Brooks! Maybe Brooks needs to come teach mine something:o)
Go Brooks! Jacob was always picky too!
I LOVE the new family picture!
It is the Vincent in him....from one who knows....
Yay for Brooks. Wouldn't you know we tried...and Jaxen just uses the fork as a sound machine to make NOISE! (Why am I not surprised?) He did eat sausage this morning! So that is a new one...and corn last night at dinner?? He isn't too picky...but I would like to expand his diet a little! Love you guys.
Post a Comment