Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Big Boy Days here we come.......


Doesn't this picture look like he's up to no good. We've taught Brooks some new things lately and this is one of the reactions we got from him when we asked him to do something. So Funny!

I have to share this picture with you, for the last almost 11 months of Brook's life I've been nursing which later turned into pumping for my lil man. So everytime it's TIME to pump I put Brooks in his "Merry Go Round". On a normal day, now that he's capable of walking and pulling up on everything, he usually pitches a fit and squirms to not be put in this contraption because he'd rather be CRUSIN' around. However because it takes 20 minutes to pump, theres a lot he can get into that I can't keep him from if I just let him roam. So recently I have been putting a snack in the little tray for him to snack on while I pump. Normally after the snack calms him down from his little tantrum he plays until mommy's finished pumping/blogging/facebooking. However yesterday was different. This is how I found him when I finished my pumping session yesterday afternoon. Bless his heart, and he'd even had his morning nap. I guess I either really bored him to sleep or he was that tired.



So here is yet another big milestone for Baby Brooks. Very soon Brooks will be a year old and we will transition him from my milk to WHOLE milk. So yesterday Brooks had his first drink of COWS milk. Lord knows I am so excited about this transition. Although I'm so thankful I was able to provide for my little pumpkin as long as I have. We mixed the milks together and he never seemed to notice a difference. YEAH! I think this is as big of a milestone for momma as it is Brooks. Hee! Big Boy days here we come...

He's still being a little trooper with his sippy cup. Here he is with daddy trying his first mixed drink! HA!! I can't believe how big he's getting and what he's catching on to but we're loving every second of it and just had to share with you.....

















9 comments:

Erica Simpson said...

He is getting so big! I can't beleive time has passed so quickly

Terri A. Stice said...

I love the remark you made about the look...trust me on this one, this will be the first of many looks you will get from your little man and most of them probably won't compel you to blog! haha

Stephanie said...

I love the pictures....especially the first one. I can't believe he is almost 1!

Wanda May said...

Oh happy day...happy for you

Heather said...

I'm glad you share it with us. He is getting to be a big boy with so many changes. Love the picture of him asleep.

Sarah said...

He is growing up too fast. He is so sweet...love you guys a bunch!!!

Carol said...

Brooks is so big! LOVE HIM!!!!

The Browning's said...

love that look, he is going to be a heartbreaker....

Scott and Kelli said...

Brooks flipped me off at church on Sunday - grinning like a monkey the entire time. Bryan was holding him, I was standing behind Bryan and Brooks was desperately trying to get his pacifier in his mouth. He looked at me, grinned and flipped me the bird. I got so tickled...yes, it was one of those many days when I was "on fire" for the Lord. Speaking of looks, the pool/fence looks really nice. I noticed it as I drove to the dentist in the Grove yesterday.