The second thing we've been working on over the past few weeks is Brooks using a sippy cup. Brooks in a few months will turn a year old and I really don't want to have to start pouring whole milk into a bottle. We've tried different brands from Gerber to Platex to Nuby to Take and Toss, none of which has he really just took off with. So today we were visiting with some family and as we were walking out the door, my mother in law says, "I bought Brooks a Sippy Cup". He reaches for it as if he's hungry. So I pour his bottle into it and away he goes, drinking like a pro.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Patty Cake and Sippy Cup
Saturday, July 25th we have accomplished great things in the Vincent household. We've been trying to get Brooks to PATTY CAKE since he was 5 months old or so, however he would never put his hands together and clap. We'll something today just clicked and away he went to clapping. Now all you have say is patty cake and he just grins and claps like a little seal.


The second thing we've been working on over the past few weeks is Brooks using a sippy cup. Brooks in a few months will turn a year old and I really don't want to have to start pouring whole milk into a bottle. We've tried different brands from Gerber to Platex to Nuby to Take and Toss, none of which has he really just took off with. So today we were visiting with some family and as we were walking out the door, my mother in law says, "I bought Brooks a Sippy Cup". He reaches for it as if he's hungry. So I pour his bottle into it and away he goes, drinking like a pro.
The second thing we've been working on over the past few weeks is Brooks using a sippy cup. Brooks in a few months will turn a year old and I really don't want to have to start pouring whole milk into a bottle. We've tried different brands from Gerber to Platex to Nuby to Take and Toss, none of which has he really just took off with. So today we were visiting with some family and as we were walking out the door, my mother in law says, "I bought Brooks a Sippy Cup". He reaches for it as if he's hungry. So I pour his bottle into it and away he goes, drinking like a pro.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
awww...my sweet nephew is SO SMART!!! GO BROOKS!!!
I can't beleive he is getting so big!
YAY BROOKS!!!!
Enjoy every minute because it does go by too fast. Big accomplishments Brooks!!
What a sweetie!
I think I know what his sippy cup problem was!
I was reading a milestone chart online earlier today and it gave tips on how to encourage certain developmental areas. For sippy cups, and I promise I'm not making this up, it said that babies like to imitate parents so parents should drink their own drinks out of the cups first so the baby will want to do the same. (How funny is this??!!!) Sorry to say, but I don't think I'll be putting any Diet Dr. Pepper in a sippy cup anytime soon!
I love the learning to use a sippy stage! I'm sure no one noticed this but me... When Gracie started using a sippy I tried to find her one in every color they made and I would tell Alison to make sure whatever dress or outfit she wore to make sure the sippy she took with her matched! Crazy I know, but that's what being a Gran is all about. Did it with the passie too! I think it might be a girl thing but if I'm lucky enough to ever have a little boy to buy for we will have to see what crazy things Gran does for him!
Emily,
Your little boy is ADORABLE! So nice to see you in the blog world (and on facebook.)
Rina
Post a Comment