Friday, July 24, 2009

Gulf Shores June Vacation 2009


I know it's almost been two months since we've been back from Gulf Shores, however I still haven't posted Brooks' first trip to the BEACH. We took two cameras, thank goodness because my little one broke and that's the one with most of the beach and pool shots. Here's a few that I was able to salvage from the working camera. Hopefully I'll have the other one fixed soon so that I can post them too. Hopefully everyone is enjoying their summer. Seems like with all my teacher friends and friends with kids starting school I feel like the summer is over however we have a few more months to enjoy this lovely hot humid weather we have here in Kentucky.

The first picture is of Brooks in his favorite Crab float (which by the way has been recalled), guess we'll have to find a new favorite float. He loves the pool. Thank goodness since we just put a pool in, we were nervous about him liking the water. So far he's been a little water bug.



This was Brooks most of his trip, under the umbrella watching everything going on. He didn't like the sand at first but by the second day he was trying to eat it.



He looks so peaceful here as if he's staring off into the sunset.

Brooks first encounter with the ocean. He was okay as long as you held him and coached him thru the process. His velcrow sunglasses were a waste as he wouldn't leave them on his head.

Hope to have my other photos downloaded soon for you to enjoy, enjoy your weekend.
Emily

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Looks like Brooks enjoyed his first beach trip. I had been wondering lately if you all have your pool up and running. I try to peek over that direction when I'm headed to Smiths Grove.

Too bad about the crab float
recall because it's super cute!

Erica Simpson said...

He is such a doll! Congats on your new pool!

Heather said...

Brooks looks like he's very relaxed at the beach. You are so right about the summer not being over. It seems like it when school starts back but we should have plenty of warm weather to come. Maybe you all can enjoy that new pool for awhile:o)

Carol said...

LOVE HIM!!!!

Terri said...

I believe the photo of Brooks & his daddy in their sunglasses is my favorite! Too cute!