Yay! I told you I would get better at this whole blog thing. Hope you like the new blog makeover. I've been meaning to get around to SPRUCING up my blog for some 10 months now, however I haven't really found the time, energy or motivation to do it, however today, for some unknown reason I called my friend Carol and she walked me through the steps. I feel like a new woman!.
I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to go along with this post however yesterday was an eventful day with no extra time to snap some photos. Brooks yesterday as I was doing laundry, I looked down in the floor to find that he was chewing on something. I have been extremely anal retentive about keeping our hardwood and tile floors spotless, as now our little man is quite mobile with his little army crawl that he's picked up. He's mastered it so well that I believe he's going to skip over crawling on his knees. So for some reason he absoultely loves the laundry room. I do believe that it has something to do with the fact that we moved Samson's (our maltese dog) dog bowls into the laundry room because where they were in the kitchen Brooks kept ramming over them with his new walker(See previous post for picture of walker). So since we've moved the bowls, he loves to fly in there to see if he can play with the dogs food and water bowl. Well luckly, as he swiftly makes it to the room without me noticing, the dog had previously eaten all his food so Brooks was just sticking his hands in the water bowl. So after scolding him to leave it alone 10 times as I was doing laundry, I finally just picked it up out of the way. Well I turned back around and he's chewing on something. So I being the attentive mother that I should be, run my finger in his mouth to find that he's chewing on a piece of SCIENCE DIET DOG FOOD. Of all the things the child could find and he puts dog food in his mouth and is enjoying it as if it were some bubble gum. Grrr.
So after this scare I look around the room and there is nothing that he can pick up so I decide to put away some laundry in his bedroom. As I return to the laundry room, Brooks is no where to be found. Keep in mind my baby is not even 10 months old until next week and he's just mastered his crawl within the last two weeks. So I look around for him and he's on the 3rd step of our hardwood stairwell up to the second level. How in the world? I tell you, I never dreamed in two weeks that we would need bird dogs to keep an eye out for this little fella. I mean, Samson barks everytime Bryan or I walk up and down those steps, however when Brooks goes up them, not a peep. What is this, do the dog and baby have a pact? Guess we'll see what else he gets into.
9 comments:
You just wait. You have some fun times coming!! LOL. Isaac was barely walking when he figured out how to open the back door! Not good.
Also was going to tell you on your last blog post... you might try only using the lap belt in the stroller. Ethan screams too when we put those shoulder straps on. Of course, you can only do that if he is not like Isaac was and can wiggle his way out of the lap belt!!
Oh, and love your blog makeover :).
Oh my goodness Brooks!
Oh the joys of a mobile baby! :-) Looks like it's time to invest in a baby gate! Don't fuss at him too much. He's too sweet!
It's amazing how quick they are once they figure out how to move. Just wait till he walks:)
Ella did the army crawl thing for a long time and one day she just took off on her knees! He is so precious!
Love the blog sis!!! You are officially a professional blogger now!!! And as for the dogfood....look at it like crunchy protein! Hee hee...Jaxen has had his share. We tried not to make a bid deal about it when he did eat it, and now he walks by it every day and doesn't bother it! It will just help him grow some muscles!!!
oh the joys of motherhood, sometimes I just have to set back and laugh, Clay almost had some worms once, good thing I was fast because all he ended up eating was a little of the dirt. gag....
Funny story!! He is such a dollbaby!
I've been meaning to get in touch with you and tell you how crazy I felt after running into you at Wal-Mart the other day. As soon as I got in the car I realized that I had called Brooks, Jaxen twice! Sorry! If it makes you feel any better I call my own kids by the wrong name quite often too!
Come on Emily....look on the bright side! Most dog food is suppose to make hair shiney!
Post a Comment