Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bath Time and Venting.....







Here are a few pictures from one of Brooks' favorite times of the day. BATH TIME!

I need to vent as many of my other fellow bloggers do at times. Today I am in line at the drive thru at the drugstore where we get all of our medications filled. I patiently await my turn as the cashier lady is assisting the driver in the first drive thru pull-up window. I over hear her total as she says, Miss So in so, your total is one dollar for your prescription today. The lady digs in belongings and pays for her prescription and drives off.. The nice lady turns to me and says how may I help you and I give her my name to get my prescription. She comes back to the microphone and says, do you realize your prescription is $118 dollars for your asthma medication. I say yes, I realize that my crappy insurance gives me the option of having a plan that covers prescriptions or one that covers maternity. Well being that I am in the peak of my child-bearing years, I choose the maternity plan which leaves me the only option of paying full-price for prescription medications. All of this is because I have asthma and my monthly medications keep me from being eligible for both programs when you are paying for insurance on an individual basis.
I just find it very irritating for some people the government makes it possible for them to get prescriptions for next to nothing and just because they can, they make others pay full price for the same medications. Grrr. Guess I'll quit complaining for now and get off my soap box, continue to pay the full price for my $118 asthma medication that I can not breath without and just be thankful I guess that I can breath. Just needed to vent to all my fellow bloggers.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I have done plenty of fussing about what our insurance doesn't cover. It is very aggravating how much we pay and how much we are still left to pay when the insurance only covers a small portion or nothing at all. On a good note....I love the bathtime pictures!!

Erica Simpson said...

Insurance does stink!

Terri A. Stice said...

The government programs are something I have never been able to figure out and furthermore try not to think about or it gets me in a bad shape. We were told when the hospital moved daddy from ICU to a step down room that "Because he is a working man and has insurance he is only eligible to stay in the hospital 30 days." A critically ill patient. I said, in other words if he didn't work and didn't have insurance...she interupted me to say, "Yes he could stay as long as needed". Now I ask you, what is wrong with this picture? Why do we work? Hummm one of life's many puzzling questions!

Wanda May said...

Gripes the crap out of me when me and Boyce work our butts off, I have to pay out the butt for insurance...and young skanky people who I know are on drugs, do not work, and do not take care of their kids, use their flipping food stamp card and have a balance left of $600. So therefore we end up paying for all of their crap and the long run. Ummm, I feel better now.

Stewarts' said...

We feel your pain! We're ALL on allergy meds and it gets veerrry expensive. But, hey, you gotta have it. Btw...Brooks, as always, is a doll!

Lori said...

I am with you on this one! When we took Caroline for her surgery there were several families there that had to pay NOTHING! They took us in a room, went through what insurance would pay and how much it was going to cost us and made us pay a % down. Those families just got to walk and back and get their surgeries. I guarantee they didn't get a $1300 bill from the hospital! Sometimes it seems we would be better off just to quit work and live off the government -- that IS the American way, right?!