Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Who needs Nutrition....not us!

What is it about a sleeping baby toddler that is just SO SWEET? Little man sure has his love for sleep like his momma, for sure. However lately he has become quite the Night Owl.


When I went to wake him up the other day, he was laying like this with his foot propped up on the crib spindle. Before I could get back in his room with the camera, he'd moved it. Being 2 is such a Hard Task that it takes lots and lots of REST to be so ACTIVE. Sometimes I wish I had the energy he had.

The only other "not-so-fun" stage we are dealing with right now is his pickiness to eat. If fruit snacks counted as a serving of fruit a day we would be good, however since it's #1 ingredient is CORN SYRUP, I'm thinking it's not a good food choice. Boo:(

I guess Popcorn,Banannas and Gold Fish are keeping him alive.  I keep telling myself (you know, the great motherly thoughts you have in the back of your head)  that as long as he'll keep drinking his veggies we're good. RIGHT???? We've started juicing all sorts of fruits(apples, grapes, pineapples, oranges) and veggies (lettuce, cucumber, carrots) to get his nutrients in. At least he'll chug all of these in the form of JUICE. We may be starting Kindergarten by packing 5 cups of juice in his lunch box instead of the traditional PB and J. HA!

3 comments:

Shanna said...

I can relate to the picky eater, Emma even at almost 6 is soooo picky, lucky for us though, Jenna will eat about anything!! Hopefully he will grow out of it!!

April said...

Yes, picky eaters are so hard. Must be something about the first born. Dalton loves cinnamon rolls, but one day said he didn't like them anymore... How can you all of a sudden not like cinnamon rolls?? That's so frustrating!! The juicing thing sounds like a good idea. I may try it.

The Browning's said...

I hear ya, Clay is still really bad. We have to constantly make him try stuff and his answer is always "I don't like it". But it does get better, I just wished I would have listened to my mom instead of the doctors....