Watch out Pioneer Woman, this southern gal is on your trail. Only kidding, however I did get the hunch the other day while in the grocery store that I wanted to play with some puff pasty. I have a terrible habit of watching the FOOD network throughout the day.(You know, the whole hour of the day that Disney Channel isn't taking over) HA! My other terrible habit is sweets. I have wanted to make something appleish lately but didn't want the time involved to make an apple pie that takes all day.
What you will need:
1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
1 can fruit pie filling, any variety
So first off, I bought Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry sheets. These are found in your Grocery Freezer Section (around the frozen pie crusts)
The box comes with two sheets of pastry but I only used one. (It's just the two of us, so I didn't want to waste it) The package directions says to thaw pasty for 40 minutes. I laid it on a piece of wax/parchment paper so it wouldn't get doughy once it thawed. Once your sheet thaws, cut into 4 equal pieces.
Place the other piece of puff pastry on top of your filling and crimp around the edges with a fork. I used a knife to cut some slits in the top of the dessert to allow it to breath while cooking.
Brush each pastry with some egg wash (I used egg beaters since it was easier). Bake for 15 minutes at 400* and wahlah.. A scrumptious easy desert that anyone can do.
I was afraid that it might taste like a cresent roll but suprisingly it didn't. I know we will continue to use puff pastry in this house.
Just in case you are wondering why I can't lose any weight, it's because I keep expiermenting with sweets like this.
Emily
5 comments:
This post so reminds me of the many "Food" ones I have done...I will be doing using this recipe...maybe as soon as tomorrow, because it looks so yummy!!!
Yummmmmmy!!!!!!!
I'll have to try - Layton loves apple pie:)
This looks super yummy! I have done some experimenting with puff pastry lately too. I made a breakfast dish a couple weeks ago with it.
Looks wonderful!! Might just have to try making it myself!!
Yummy!!! I always forget to blog about food. I'll have to try this one. I made the pioneer woman's best chocolate sheet cake ever a few weeks ago and it was awesome!!
Post a Comment