Thursday, May 20, 2010

Destin 2010

Sorry I've been missing from the blogging world for a while but I've been a little EXTRA busy. The first part of May we decided to go to the BEACH. We took Brooks last summer to Gulf Shores and he didn't love the sand or the water too much but this trip was totally different.


We met some of our good friends in Destin and our kiddos had so much fun playing together. We might even say they HIT it off. Audrey likes holding hands so this was absolutely necessary at the beach.



Brooks absolutely loved the ocean. He would just giggle when the waves would come crashing in and knock him down. He would just get up and continue to do it over and over again.



He had so much fun playing in the sand with all his sand toys. He and Audrey played their little hearts out all week and loved every second of it.



We were so happy that the oil spill didn't affect our vacation and that we got to spend some quality family time at the beach. The weather wasn't the greatest the first few days but we used our time wisely and got LOTS of shopping in.


We are so lucky to have this little guy in our lives. Sometimes I think how in the world someone couldn't possibly want to be a parent. It's the greatest gift of all. So thankful God chose to let Bryan and I be his parents, he's definately our little BLESSING!

Emily

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like you had a great trip. Love the sweet picturs!

Erica Simpson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach pictures!

Lesley said...

Oh, this makes me want to go right now! Great pictures, Brooks looks like he's loving the beach and the little girl is a doll too!

Wanda May said...

Oh Em....so love your blog/pictures *sniff*. You will never know how blessed I am to know and have you all in my life...love Brooks...so....and DESTIN.....here I come...lol

Brittany said...

I'm so jealous and I wanting to go to the beach soooo bad!!! :(

What beautiful pics and I just love the last one of Brooks, he is living doll! Seriously, the kid is cute!

And yes, we have to get me, you and Cindy together soon!! And I need to stop being lazy on Fridays and get to Barnes and Noble for story hour!!

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie pie!

Heather said...

Love your pictures. Isn't it funny how much difference a year makes in little ones and their personalities? They change so quickly in appearance and personality.

Staffanne said...

I "Heart" all the photos! Girl, you have got me wanting to load up and go right now! I am so ready to get back to the beach this summer! Brooks is a doll baby as always!

Melissa said...

Great beach pics!!! Brooks is such a doll!!

DeAnna said...

I'm with the other girls. This post makes me want to be at the beach! Glad you all had a good time.

Unknown said...

Love these photos, and love your little family!