Friday, April 16, 2010

Story Time with Cousin Jax and Sonic...

The Friday of Easter Weekend was Cousin Jaxen's birthday. So Brooks and I invited Katie and Jax to come to storytime, lunch and a visit to Gigi's to celebrate his 2nd birthday. We ate at Fazoli's since both of the boys love spaghetti and then we ventured to Barnes and Noble for their weekly storytime. This was Brooks' second storytime however it was Jax's first.

They did pretty much what we expected (notice that neither of them are paying NO attention to the story) but we wanted them to be exposed to reading and love books. We had fun playing with the train table and running through the kids section. UNTIL (yes you knew there had to be some drama involved, right??) Jax fell and hit his little nose on one of the benches and it started bleeding profusely.

After we got him calmed down we decided we'd leave B&N and head for a cupcake. We let the boys run around in the gated table area outside to eat their cupcake but they weren't too interested. Maybe next year they won't be so busy. Oh to be a kid again!

The other night we had dinner out and afterwards we decided to stop at Sonic and get dessert. Bryan's favorite drink is the strawberry cream slush.

We let Brooks have a few drinks and then when I went to get the cup from him to give back to Bryan he held onto it with a death grip. He was not letting go. He loved it. We don't let him eat or drink sugary drinks so he knew this was a treat. We just laughed at how he wouldn't give it back, it was so funny.

After he pulled the straw out and milkshake went everywhere and I took the drink away, this sweet face didn't quite look so sweet anymore.

Happy Friday, hope you enjoy your weekend, we are so excited to have Daddy back!

Emily

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

what cute pictures....he's a smart boy--he already knows Sonic is the BEST!

Heather said...

I don't blame him...those are delicious! Take advantage of all the non-sugary stuff while you can because once they get old enough to figure it out...there's no going back:o)

Wanda May said...

He might have a little of Sissy Wanda in him with that death grip going on....love it

Lesley said...

Cute pictures and sounds like a fun time.

I thought of you all today when I wrote the date - thinking I bet Brian took the day off work! : ) Hope he really did for your sake!

Erica Simpson said...

I love story time! Very cute pictures!

Staffanne said...

So glad you guys are loving story time....I hope we can make it soon! Love the photos!