Monday, February 22, 2010

Oh the Little Things....

So we are currently in the TODDLER stage and slowly approaching the TWO's. I'm still praying that they won't be the TERRIBLE TWO's but I don't know if God is really listening to that prayer right now. So here is Brooks in what we could say is TIMEOUT. I told him he needed to sit there and think about what he had done. This is the first few moments, obviously he wasn't thrilled about the idea. So then I asked him if he realized what he had done was bad and that he wasn't going to do it again and this is the look he gave me.

After a few minutes later, this is what TIMEOUT looked like. Might as well watch tv if I'm going to have to sit in this chair, RIGHT. Just like a man.....Ha!
This morning I decided to fix Brooks and I blueberry pancakes for breakfast and then while he would only eat them if I dipped them in my syrup, he finally gave up. Between him doing his morning business and the dog barfing from the grape that Brooks must have fed him last night, I'm afraid I'm going to see MY blueberry pancakes again.
I couldn't help but think this time last year though I was probably thinking I would give my right arm if he would do his business. Oh to reflect on the times when his body functions weren't doing their normal job. Oh the things to treasure, the little smelly things......

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sweet faces...even if he is in timeout!

Lesley said...

What a stinker! That look in that first picture is so darn funny!

DeAnna said...

If I didn't have two little boys myself and know better, I would say that surely he was too cute to have done anything for you to set him in time out. Some day I'll have to take a picture of Ethan in time out...he doesn't take it near as well as Brooks seems to. lol

Erica Simpson said...

How funny! Brooks is an angel-even in trouble!

Terri A. Stice said...

You know I'm thinking if I was going to have to sit in time out, that is for sure the chair I would want to made to sit in! Such a cutie!