Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Am I a terrible mother????

Let me start by stating my blog disclaimer:
This blog is for entertainment and scrapbooking purposes in order to track the daily "Travels" of our little man. Please do not judge me as I am a very CAUTIOUS, OVER-WORRIER, and well disciplined mother that ONLY WANTS THE BEST FOR HER CHILD.
The past few weeks my child has turned into quite the acrobat. He can twist, turn, reach, climb and pull in so many ways that you could never image a little 17months old body could do. First off, I start with a rather comical story of Brooks, the "Crescent Roll STEALER". The other night I decided to make dinner for little man and I since dad is ALWAYS working. So I came up with Hamburger Helper, green beans and crescent rolls. Not extremely balanced but hey, it's not McDonalds. So we ate dinner and Brooks would have nothing to do with any of the meal except the rolls. I had to fix the entire can, all 10 crescent rolls for myself and Brooks. So I decided to save a few for Bryan as he is always starving when he comes in late. So I am cleaning up from dinner and on the phone while loading the dishwasher and I notice that Brooks is extremely quiet. I put my phone down and went looking for him to find this:
Brooks was hiding in the corner eating the crescent rolls that he had somehow magically pulled off of the baking stone without me noticing cramming them into his mouth like some anorexic that had not eaten in 3 days. I don't know how in the world he reached them but, hey, who doesn't like these things. I would go to great limits for them also, even if I did have to sit in a corner and eat them.
Secondly, let me repeat, please don't judge me as I do watch my child, however it is amazing how quickly he can be in one place and then next moment in a completely different location. The other day after he woke up from his nap (yes I realize he still has his pjs on) I was looking around in the kitchen to decide what to fix for dinner. To my suprise I close the refridgerator door and find that not only has he climbed up onto the kitchen table but over into his high chair.
I guess it was pretty obvious that he was hungry.

This is constantly what I am pulling him off of. I guess I'm going to have to remove the kitchen chairs and only bring them out when we eat. Geez!


Last night I decided to fix a new meal. I have found these frozen meals from Bertoli that are amazing. This particular one is the Chicken Parmigian Penne. I didn't figure Brooks would like it as he rarely will eat any pasta besides just plain old spaghetti noodles. But to my surprise, he actually ate it. What is it about a toddler cramming food into their mouths and picking each piece up that is so darn cute?

I promise I will eventually stop talking about my kid eating as it seems my last 4 posts have been about him eating. However it has been such a challenge over the last three months that now that he is actually eating I feel I must take a picture everytime he eats something new so that I can capture the moment. Oh and also so that I have something to blog about.HA!
Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday!
Emily


10 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are a wonderful mother:) I'd like to say he'll outgrow the climbing thing but as of age 8 they still climb!

DeAnna said...

You are so not a terrible mother! He is just a typical little boy. I think it was Isaac who used to climb up in his high chair all the time. And it only takes them approximately 2 seconds to do!! Thought the picture was so funny because Brooks still had one of his feet on top of his tray. lol
Oh, also, Ethan doesn't like them quite as much, but I am pretty sure Isaac would eat a whole can of crescent rolls if I would let him!!

Erica Simpson said...

You are a fabulous mother Em! And Brooks is a wonderful, well adjusted normal kiddo who loves bread! :)

Wanda May said...

You are such a bad Momma that I don't even know how the Lord blesses you so....lol...No need to say what a fantastic Momma, friend or person I think you are....love ya to death

Lesley said...

Okay the picture where he climbed into the highchair and his foot is caught sticking straight up is a hoot! He looks like such a fun kid!

I've tried the Bertoli meals a couple of times myself and they are good! My only problem is that it would take two or three bags to feed my bunch :)

Carol said...

Are you nuts? You are a fabulous mom! You're just getting to the fun part of having a toddler! :-) Give Brooks a big ole' kiss from me!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure which I would rather have:Acrobat/into everything....or my toddler who throws everything across the room to hear the noise, and a "cord" obsession: Blowdryer, flat iron, iron....I just hope Jaxen doesn't learn to climb with his cords...YIKES! Love little man!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure which I would rather have:Acrobat/into everything....or my toddler who throws everything across the room to hear the noise, and a "cord" obsession: Blowdryer, flat iron, iron....I just hope Jaxen doesn't learn to climb with his cords...YIKES! Love little man!

Melissa said...

You are a wonderful mother, with such a precious son!
My mom could probably give you many words of advise, as I was a climber. They eventually had to lock me in my room at night, because I would climb out of my crib/bed and wonder around the house at night. It's a wonder I didn't seriously hurt myself, as I apparently opened and climbed in the frig, climbed on top of the stove and turned a burner on, and the one that always gets brought up at Christmas, is that I climbed up the Christmas tree and it fell over. All this while everyone was sleeping. At least Brooks does his tricks while you are awake.

Heather said...

Hey...that's worth posting about! I'm glad he's eating better for you. Now that he's climbing everywhere...LOOK OUT!!