I know it's been three weeks since I last posted, but as you can see, I've been a little busy. The greatest thing that has happened is that we welcomed our sweet, beautiful little niece, Annleigh Mae into this world. Not that I'm bragging, but if I can say so, and I can because this is my blog, she does look more like her Aunt Em's instead of her own momma. Not proud at all, nope. She is more precious than we even imagined and we are loving every second of putting bows in her hair, kissing her sweet cheeks and of course playing dress-up already. I absolutely got BIT by the baby bug as Katie made (although she didn't have to pull my arm too hard) me stay in the delivery room to video tape the little miracle being born. However the "baby itch" quickly passed and we are very thankful for that. Uncle Bryan, Cousin Brooks and I have just decided to spoil her rotten and pamper her just like she's our own. We didn't get to do that too much with Jaxen (Katie's other little one) as we had our own little Brooks keeping us busy. So we are just going to keep monogramming and bow buying for her for a while. I'm really enjoying being an Aunt as I have gotten to babysit twice in the last 3 weeks and we loved every second of it. Except for when BROOKS threw his first real tantrum because I was holding her instead of him. (you know my kid has never thrown a tantrum nope, not at all.)"Little Fiblet"
But we know all this is normal and Brooks will keep getting used to her the more he's around her and gets used to his momma kissing those sweet cheeks.
Confession: Bryan got me a nice digital camera last year and I honestly thought that I would try and take up photography since we have a little one and it would be neat to watch him grow. Well, in our attempt to capture our cute, sweet, precious, lovable, little boy for our Christmas Card photo, we came to the realization that Child Photography is definately NOT FOR US!!!!
After about an hour of Torture, this was what we got.
Seriously, why didn't I just order a picture from a photographer??????????
Ok, so I'm in rare form this morning as I blog so if you are annoyed by my humor and sarcaism, just overlook me as I will try to be more formal my next blog post, you know, the one next month. HA!
No seriously, I hope everyone is enjoying all the Christmas rush and has a great holiday! (Just in case I don't post until after Christmas.....)
Happy Thursday!
8 comments:
I love u Em and I hope I hope Katie doesn't get too mad at u for spelling May like I do...lol
I don't know what you are talking about Miss Wanda! Hee!
I found out real quick that the photography classes didn't help at all when your trying to get little ones to "pose". Oh well, I think you got a really cute picture. I can already tell that Aunt Em is going to have little Annleigh spoiled rotten...but that's the way it should be:o) Merry Christmas!!
It is so much fun having a niece. That is how I got started into all the dress making :). Love the pictures. It is sooo hard to take pictures of your kids. When Isaac was little I managed to take this really cute picture of him. I was so proud of it that I ordered an 11x13. When I picked it up, I pulled it out and realized I had the same problem that you just mentioned...chocolate all over the top of his lip! Oh well!
I love the picture!
Taking pictures of your own kiddos is so difficult. They never want to cooperate for you!
Congrats on your baby niece. I just welcome my niece into the world too, so we are dealing with the same jealously issues when she is around. It's so much fun to be an aunt!
Have a Merry ChristmaS!!!!!!!
Annleigh is so lucky to have the best aunt in the world! We love you, and are anxiously awaiting you to decide you are ready for #2...so we can keep this baby love going! Baby #3 is no where in the near future...so you are next sis!!! Thanks for all you do for our little family! Jaxen and Brooks will be best buds, and you, me Annleigh and Mom well all I have to say is "watch out Greenhills" and all the other shopping malls! :-) Love you big sis!
Hey girl!
Just a little FYI:
Since I went private with my blog, it will no longer update on your side bar when I have new post. Therefore, just click on "Treasuring the Little Things" to see the latest entry.
One of the downsides of "privacy"!
Have a good 1st week in 2010!
Post a Comment