Wednesday, January 21, 2009

First bite of food.....


Its been a while since my last post, however not a ton of new things have happened lateley. We went to see the wonderful Dr. Kelly today. I was becoming concerned about his seemingly constant fussiness lately. We've narrowed his issues down to a few things that could be going on. Things Dr. Kelly mentioned were, 1. Refulx, 2. teething, and 3. possibly being somewhat lactose intolerant. He suggested we start with a little rice cereal and see if that helps with some of his belly issues. So we came home from church and I was super excited to start my baby on his first bite of food. To my suprise, he actually acted like he hated it. We fed him for about 5 minutes or so and then he busted into tears. Needless to say, Brooks was wearing more rice cereal than he consumed. Guess we'll try again tomorrow.



7 comments:

Heather said...

How cute! It may just take him a couple of times to realize it's not that bad. It's just something different for him. Have you ever tried putting it in a bottle? That's how I started my boys on it. I gave them some cereal mixed with their normal bottle for a couple of weeks. Then started giving it to them with a spoon. You wouldn't believe the difference in how mine slept after that. But every baby's different.

DeAnna said...

Isaac became an extremely fussy baby at about the age Brooks is now. His problem turned out to be teething.
Hope he is feeling better soon.

Wanda May said...

Spencer had reflux sooo bad, hope Brooks doesn't. Bless his wee heart.

Erica Simpson said...

That is hilarious! He will like it more soon I bet!

Staffanne said...

Hopefully he will like the cereal better soon! I took Hannah to the doctor yesterday and she is teething some too. I haven't noticed any fussiness, she just likes to chew on everything. He is such a doll!

Stewarts' said...

Took one of mine a while to like the cereal, but, eventually, they did. Sooo sweet. I could just scoop him up and squeeze him everytime I see him! I'm quite proud of the restraint I've shown at church. I could be a total baby hog--ha!

Terri A. Stice said...

Nothing could be sweetier than the first photos of a baby eating food! Absolutely priceless!