Friday, November 28, 2008

Life's True Blessings....

Ok, so many of you may know and many of you may not, but if you'd read one of my last few posts, you know I was having some stomach issues. Well, little did I know but I wasn't having stomach ulcer issues. My body was having GALLBLADDER attacks. I had a few gallstones in my gallbladder and the attacks we my body's way of passing the small stones. The surgeon said it's very common in women right after they have a baby. So I had my 3rd attack Monday night so early Tuesday morning, I drug my wonderful husband out of bed and told him he had to take me to the hospital. Within 10 minutes of being in the ER we found the problem. After waiting for the surgeon to come in he suggested that I have surgery that afternoon instead of waiting. Therefore Tuesday afternoon I had my gallbladder removed. I appreciate all the calls, prayers and concern you've all shown. Anytime you are put to sleep for surgery it's scary and any thought or prayer you had in my behalf was greatly appreciated.

I didn't get the chance to post anything prior to my surgery regarding the Thanksgiving holiday.
I like many of my other blogging friends am so thankful for so many things in my life. I'm first and formost thankful for my salvation as I never dreamed what it has helped me through from the day I was given the precious gift when I was a 9 year old little girl. Second I'm thankful for my wonderful husband as he is the been my best friend and true love since college. I am so thankful for and love our preious baby boy more than I could ever have dreamed of loving something else. My daily prayer is that I can teach and show him the true blessings in life that my family has showed me.

I'm truly thankful for my parents as they raised me to be the woman I am today and taught me to be myself and love myself for who I was. My sister who I've grown to love more and more each day for being the greatest sister in the world. For my brother, even though we don't see much of him, I still love him for all of our childhood memories (even though the majority of them were aggrivation attempts).For my grandparents who have always believed in me and always shown their love to me and Bryan through everything we've done.

I'm thankful for my church family and true friends in life. Each one of you have blessed me in your own way and each of your relationships have made me a better person.

I love each one of you and wish all of you the best for the ahead Holiday Season.

9 comments:

Erica Simpson said...

Love you!
We tried to call earlier to check on you, but didn't want to keep trying and bother you!
Love you and glad your well again!

Anonymous said...

I like the sister part! You could have included more like...charming, good looking, and that I have given you the best nephew ever!! (Ha ha.....) Love ya!

Staffanne said...

Glad you are feeling better! I had similar issues after I had Hallie, but lucky no stones or surgery and medication took care of my problem. We are all so blessed and have so much to thank God for each and every day that we live.

Stewarts' said...

Glad you're doing better. I'm sure Brooks and Bryan are a huge boost to your recovery. Please let us know if you need anything! We're only ten minutes from you. Love ya!

Carol said...

Glad you're better. I've been keeping a check on you, but didn't want to bother you guys. Brooks is precious and I'm so glad I get to love on him every week. Give him kisses for me! Let me know if you need ANYTHING...especially a babysitter! :-)

Heather said...

I'm glad everything went good. Hope your feeling better and your family had a good Thanksgiving.

DeAnna said...

Hi Emily! I seen your link on Carol's blog. Your little boy is absolutely adorable!! Love all the pictures.
I had gallbladder problems after Ethan was born...those attacks are pretty bad and I didn't know what was going on when they started! Anyway, just thought I would let you know that my recovery from surgery was pretty quick and I have had no trouble since. Hope you have a quick recovery too!
-DeAnna

Julie said...

It was great to see you tonight also! Brooks is so handsome!

The Kyle Family said...

ahhh...love that sweet baby...i wanna kiss his cheeks off!!